Perform this task if you plan to use FC storage as the primary storage resource for a VxRail dynamic cluster.
Preconfigure a VMFS datastore on each VxRail node before the initial cluster build.
- See the VxRail 8.0 Support Matrix to verify if the FC array is compatible with dynamic clusters.
- Include FC adapter cards with the VxRail order. Each node that is a member of a dynamic cluster requires FC connectivity. Install at least one dual-port FC adapter card for each VxRail node.
- Deploy a pair of FC switches for redundancy purposes to support the network topology.
- The minimum LUN size that is supported for dynamic clusters is 800 GB. Verify that you have sufficient capacity on your storage array.
- If multiple VMFS datastores are detected, the largest free capacity on the primary host is selected.
- Before the initial cluster build, perform LUN masking to all dynamic nodes.
- Format LUNs as a VMFS datastore to be supported for dynamic clusters.