For each pair of ports on each node that is supporting a VxRail network that will be enabled for link aggregation, the corresponding pair of switch ports they are connected to must also be configured for link aggregation. The commands to perform this action depend on the switch model and operating system. See the guides provided by your switch vendor for the steps to complete these tasks.
The tasks that are applicable to enable link aggregation include:
- Configuring virtual link trunking or similar functionality between the switches for data center networks if more than one switch is planned to support the VxRail cluster
- Configuring port channels on each switch
- Configuring the VLAN or VLANs targeted for link aggregation in each port channel
- Configuring “lacp individual” or similar feature if your plans include implementation with a VxRail-managed virtual distributed switch
- Assigning the respective port channels to the switch ports