Upon completion of the switch configuration, there should be unobstructed network paths between the switch ports and the ports on the VxRail nodes. The VxRail management network and VM network should have unobstructed passage to your data center network.
- Verifying switch and data center environment support.
- Verifying passage of VxRail logical networks.
- Verifying accessibility of required data center applications.
- Verifying compatibility with the planned VxRail implementation.
Certain data center environment and network configuration errors cause the validation to fail, and the VxRail cluster is not formed. When validation fails, the data center settings and switch configurations must undergo troubleshooting to resolve the problems reported.
Confirm the switch settings using the switch vendor instructions for guidance:
- External management traffic is untagged on the native VLAN by default. If a tagged VLAN is used instead, customize the switches with the new VLAN.
- Internal device discovery network traffic uses the default VLAN of 3939. If this has changed, customize all ESXi hosts with the new VLAN, or device discovery will not work.
- Confirm that the switch ports that attach to the VxRail nodes allow passage of all VxRail network VLANs.
- Confirm that the switch uplinks allow passage of external VxRail networks.
- If you have two or more switches, confirm that an inter-switch link is configured between them to support passage of the VxRail network VLANs.