This section is only relevant if you are planning to deploy a VxRail cluster with vSAN using RoCE-compliant Ethernet adapters.
If the VxRail nodes that are targeted for deployment are configured with Ethernet adapters that support RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), the switches and supporting network must be configured to enable a lossless network for the vSAN traffic.
- vSAN with RDMA supports NIC failover, but does not support LAG or NIC teaming based on IP hash.
- Data Center Bridging must be enabled on the switches supporting the VxRail cluster.
- Control traffic flow on the switches using a mechanism such as Priority Flow Control (PFC). Set the RoCE network to a higher priority as outlined in your vendor documentation.
- Configure RoCE on vSAN on a priority-enabled VLAN.
- If the vSAN traffic will be on a routed Layer 3 network, the lossless network settings must be preserved when routed across network devices using a feature such as the Differentiated Service Code Point (DSCP) QoS setting.