This section describes the requirements to implement vSAN stretched clusters in a VxRail Cluster running VxRail v7.0.
- The VxRail cluster must be deployed across two physical sites in an active/active configuration.
- The VxRail cluster must be running VxRail version 7.0 or later.
- The minimum supported configuration is 1+1+1 (2 nodes +1 witness). See the vSAN 2-Node Cluster on VxRail Planning Guide for more detailed information.
- The maximum supported configuration is 20+20+1 (40 nodes plus +vSAN 1 witness)
- A witness host must be installed on a separate site as part of the installation engagement. The witness must be running the same version as the vSphere for version compatibility.