The following best practices are recommended for DDVE:
- Run the DAT tool on DDVE before creating a file system to measure the underlying I/O performance and determine the size of the file system.
- DD recommends using a dedicated datastore for the DDVE instance.
- DD recommends Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed to provide the best balance of performance and deployment time.
- Do not over-commit the CPU and memory resources on the ESXi host with DDVE.
- NTP must be configured for the DDVE for proper time synchronization and Amazon S3 object store communication.
- Ensure that the DDVE inbound and outbound ports are allowed and communicating to Amazon S3.
- It is recommended to start with 1 TB metadata tier size and use 1 TB as incremental size for DD Cloud Tier configuration on each DDVE.