Dell Technologies recommends that you:
- Set the minimum number of nodes for production workload to seven for a PowerFlex two-layer configuration.
- Ensure that all the compute nodes and storage nodes have the same hardware configuration for predictable performance. Homogenous node types are recommended.
- Set the number of SDS threads is set to 12 for all the SO nodes.
- Separate the management and data traffic from production application traffic. This separation can be done by using VLANs.
- Use the Noop I/O scheduler for all the SSD devices discovered.
- For each SDC:
- Set the number of operating system threads for the network to 10 by using the parameter sdc_number_network_os_threads.
- Set the maximum number of inflight requests is set to 200 by using the parameter sdc_max_inflight_requests.
- Create a network bond using the following policy: BONDING_OPTS="mode=802.3ad downdelay=0 miimon=100 updelay=0 xmit_hash_policy=layer3+4 lacp_rate=fast
- For each network bond and vLAN, enable the jumbo frames with an MTU of 9000.
For more information about networking best practices, see Dell PowerFlex: Networking Best Practices and Design Considerations and PowerFlex tuning guide.