By default, the vSAN VMkernel adapter on each VxRail node is set to use the same gateway as the External Management network. The gateway must be changed to the vSAN network gateway, 192.168.13.254 in this example, to communicate with the witness host.
Change the vSAN gateway on all VxRail nodes to reach the witness host vSAN network as follows:
- In the vSphere Client, select the icon > Inventory.
- In the left pane, select the first VxRail host.
- In the right pane, select .
- Select the icon next to the vSAN VMkernel adapter and click Edit.
- In the Edit Settings window, select IPv4 settings.
- Check the box next to Override default gateway for this adapter and enter the vSAN gateway IP address, 192.168.13.254 in this example, as shown.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 above for the remaining VxRail nodes.