An SFS with VxRail and VCF deployment requires the following:
- Automated switch configuration is set to Disabled during VxRail deployment. For more information about this setting, see New Deployment Option for SmartFabric Services with VxRail.
- An NTP server IP address is specified during VxRail deployment.
- VxRail Management Network port binding is set to Ephemeral Binding during deployment.
- Layer 3 uplinks are configured from the SmartFabric leafs to the external switches.
- Other VxRail nodes, not yet deployed, are available for one or more VCF workload domains as needed. For VCF workload domains, the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Manager is used to deploy VxRail instead of the VxRail Deployment Wizard.
- At least one DNS server that is reachable from the external management networks with host records added for this deployment.
- At least one NTP server that is reachable from the external management networks.
- At least one DHCP server per the example in this guide that is reachable from the NSX host overlay networks (recommended). The DHCP server is used for NSX host overlay network (tunnel end point) TEP IP address assignments. A static IP address pool may be used instead of a DHCP server, with limitations described in VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5 on Dell VxRail.