Minimum requirements for VxRail 7.0.400 deployments with SFS include:
- Three VxRail nodes per cluster running VxRail appliance software version 7.0.400 or a later version as specified in the Dell Networking Support & Interoperability Matrix.
- VxRail nodes must meet the hardware and software requirements that are listed in the VxRail 7.0.x Support Matrix.
- Onboard NICs in VxRail nodes must be 10 GbE, 25 GbE, or 100 GbE.
- Two Dell PowerSwitch units as listed in the Dell Networking Support & Interoperability Matrix must be deployed as leaf switches. Each leaf switch in the pair must be the same model due to VLT requirements.
- Dell PowerSwitch units must be running SmartFabric OS10.5.4.4 or a later version as specified in the Dell Networking Support & Interoperability Matrix.
- One 1 GbE BASE-T, also known as 1000BASE-T, switch for OOB management connections. Dell Technologies recommends using one PowerSwitch N3248TE-ON or S3048-ON per rack.
- One DNS server that is reachable on the network with host records added for this deployment. The DNS host records used in this guide are shown in DNS hostnames and IP addresses - first cluster and DNS server records – second cluster.