Set the MTU and discovery protocol
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- In the left pane, right-click on the VDS, named VMware HCIA Distributed Switch in this example, and select .
- In the Edit Settings window, select Advanced, and make the following settings:
- MTU (Bytes) – 9000
- Discovery protocol Type – Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- Operation – Both (optional)
Note: Setting the Operation to Both enables LLDP packets to be sent and received by the VDS. This setting is optional.
- Click OK.