Uplink profiles define policies for the links from hypervisor hosts to NSX-T Data Center logical switches or from NSX Edge nodes to leaf switches.
This deployment example uses the uplink profiles show in the following table.
|Name||Teaming policy||Active uplinks||Transport VLAN|
|host-overlay-profile||Load Balance Source||uplink-1,uplink-2||2500|
|edge-overlay-profile||Load Balance Source||uplink-1,uplink-2||2713|
To create the uplink profiles, perform the following steps.
- In the NSX Manager web UI, select .
- Click ADD.
- In the New Uplink Profile window, use the values from the previous table as follows:
- Enter the Name.
- Scroll down to Teamings and check the box next to Default Teaming.
- Select the Teaming Policy and enter the Active Uplinks.
- Enter the Transport VLAN. The screen appears as follows: Note: Leave the MTU value blank since this field is not applicable for a VDS.
- Click the ADD button.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining uplink profile in the previous table.
When complete, the Uplink Profiles page appears as follows, with the newly created profiles outlined in red: