Create the uplink port groups
- In the left pane, right-click on the VDS, named VMware HCIA Distributed Switch in this example, and select .
- In the New Distributed Port Group window, make the following settings:
- Name – change the name to Uplink-01 and click NEXT.
- Port binding – select Ephemeral – no binding
- VLAN type – select VLAN trunking
- VLAN trunk range – 0-4094 (default)
- Click .
Repeat these steps for the second uplink. Name it Uplink-02
and use the same values for the remaining settings. After the uplink port groups are created, the VDS appears as shown.