To create the tenant segments, perform the following steps.
- Connect to the NSX Manager web UI and go to .
- On the Segments tab, click ADD SEGMENT.
- On the segment configuration page, the following items are configured:
- Segment Name – app-segment
- Connected Gateway – select Tier-1-01 | Tier 1 from the drop-down menu.
- Transport Zone – select overlay-tz | Overlay from the drop-down menu.
- Subnets – for this example, the gateway is set to 10.10.10.254/24.
- Leave the remaining settings at defaults and click SAVE.
- Click NO when asked to continue configuring the segment.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 above to create the second tenant segment named web-segment. Use the same settings except change the gateway under Subnets to 10.10.20.254/24.
When complete, the SEGMENTS page appears as follows, with the newly created tenant segments outlined in red: