An NSX Edge cluster helps ensure that at least one NSX Edge is always available. An NSX Edge cluster is also required to use Tier-0 and Tier-1 gateways.
To place the two NSX Edge VMs in a cluster, perform the following steps.
- In the NSX Manager web UI, select .
- Click +ADD.
- In the Add Edge Cluster window, the following values are used:
- Name –nsx-edge-cluster01
- Edge Cluster Profile – select the nsx-default-edge-high-availability-profile.
- Member Type – Edge Node (default)
- In the Available column, select the two NSX Edge VMs and use the button to move them to the Selected column. The screen appears as shown:
- Click the ADD button to create the cluster.
The screen displays as shown: