A transport node profile is a template to define a configuration that is applied to all transport nodes in a vCenter cluster.
To create the transport node profile, perform the following steps.
- In the NSX Manager web UI, go to .
- Click +ADD.
- In the Add Transport Node Profile window, the following values are used in this example:
- Name – enter transport-node-profile. Under New Node Switch :
- Type – select VDS.
- Mode – select Standard (All hosts).
- Name – select the vCenter and VDS, vcenter01 and VMware HCIA Distributed Switch in this example.
- Transport Zone – select overlay-tz.
- Uplink Profile – select host-overlay profile.
- IP Assignment – select Use DHCP. Under Teaming Policy Switch Mapping :
- Next to uplink-1 (active), select uplink1.
- Next to uplink-2 (active), select uplink2. The screen appears as shown:
- Click ADD.
- Name – enter transport-node-profile.