When SmartFabric Services is enabled, default names are used for different components in the fabric. It is recommended to update these names to user-friendly names to make it easier to identify racks and switches when creating uplinks and onboarding servers.
- On the SFS GUI home page, click 1. Update Default Fabric, Switch Names and Descriptions to open the Set Fabric and Switch Name window.
- On the Network Fabric page, update the Name and Description and click NEXT.
Figure 23. SmartFabric network fabric name and description
- On the Racks page, update the Name and Description of the rack and click NEXT. In this example, the rack is set to Rack 1, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 24. SmartFabric rack name and description
- On the Switches page, update the Name and Description of the switches. Hostnames are set to S5248F-Leaf1A and S5248F-Leaf1B in this example.
Figure 25. SmartFabric switch names and description
- Click FINISH to apply the settings.