When SmartFabric Services is enabled, default names are used for different components in the fabric. It is recommended to update these names to user-friendly names to make it easier to identify racks and switches when creating uplinks and onboarding servers.
- On the SFS GUI Home page, click 1. Update Default Fabric, Switch Names and Descriptions to open the Set Fabric and Switch Name window.
- On the Network Fabric page, update the Name and Description and click NEXT.
Figure 23. SmartFabric network fabric name and description
- On the Racks page, update the Name and Description of the rack and click NEXT. In this example, the rack is set to Rack 1, as shown in Figure 24.
Figure 24. SmartFabric rack name and description
- On the Switches page, update the Name and Description of the switches. Hostnames are set to S5248F-Leaf1A and S5248F-Leaf1B in this example.
Figure 25. SmartFabric switch names and description
- Click FINISH to apply the settings.