To deploy a new server in Rack2, access the OMNI plug-in from vCenter or access OMNI directly with browser.
- Select vCenter Menu > OpenManage Network Integration and select Server Interface.
- Click CREATE.
- Enter the vmnic MAC associated with the first interface for server one in the Server Interface ID field (for example, 246e9664706a corresponding to Leaf 2A interface eth1/1/17). Click NEXT.
Note: The vmnic MAC can be found in ESXi web UI under physical adapters or through the ESXi shell with the command esxcli network nic list. Use the MAC address without the colons (“:”).
- Select existing Server Profile or create a new profile.
- If the External_Mgmt network is tagged, select Tagged Networks as External_Mgmt and leave Untagged Network as None.
If the External_Mgmt network is untagged, select Untagged Networks as External_Mgmt and leave Tagged Networks empty.
- Select Tagged Network as Network-1812, Network-1814, Network-1815, and Network-1801 networks.
- Select Static Onboarding Option and Leaf node and Interface for the new server.
Figure 95. OMNI server interface profile for Leaf 2A
- Repeat steps 1–7 for the server’s interface to Leaf 2B using its unique MAC.
Figure 96. OMNI server interface profile for Leaf 2B
- Repeat steps 1–8 for any additional servers in Rack2.
- Verify network connectivity from the ESXi DCUI.
Figure 97. ESXi connectivity test
Once this is complete, the ESXi host can be added to vCenter and all networking can be migrated to the vDS.