Add additional servers to Rack 1.
- Navigate to the OMNI plug-in in vCenter.
- Click the Service Instance device.
- Select the Server Interface tab and click CREATE.
- Enter the vmnic MAC associated with the first interface for server one in the Server Interface ID field (for example, 3cfdfe091924 corresponding to Leaf 1A interface eth1/1/18). Click NEXT.
Note: The vmnic MAC can be found in the ESXi web UI under physical adapters or through the ESXi shell with the command esxcli network nic list. Use the MAC address without the colons (“:”). Refer to the following figure:
Figure 82. Vmnic16
- If the External_Mgmt network is tagged, select Tagged Networks as External_Mgmt and leave Untagged Network empty.
If the External_Mgmt network is untagged, select Untagged Networks as External_Mgmt and leave Tagged Networks empty.
- Select Static Onboarding Option to Yes.
- Select the switch Leaf Node and Interface for the new server.
Figure 83. Server two onboarding
- Repeat steps 1–7 for the server’s Leaf1B interface.
- Repeat steps 1–8 for any remaining servers in this rack on each leaf, adding additional Server Profile Ids if necessary.
Once this is complete, the ESXi host can be added to vCenter and all networking can be migrated to the vDS.