Minimum requirements for Isilon deployments with SFS include:
- At least one ESXi host.
- NICs on ESXi servers must be 10 GbE or 25 GbE.
- At least two Dell EMC PowerSwitches listed in Table 1 deployed as leaf switches. Each switch in leaf pair must be the same model due to VLT requirements.
- Dell EMC PowerSwitches must be running SmartFabric OS10.5.0.5 or a later version.
- One 1 GbE BASE-T, also referred to as 1000BASE-T, switch for OOB management connections. Dell EMC recommends using one PowerSwitch S3048-ON per rack.
- A DNS server. This can be an existing DNS server reachable on the network with host records added for this deployment. DNS host records added for the examples in this guide are shown in Table 4.