Skip this section if uplinks are L2.
The procedure to create additional L3 networks requires adding an IP address and gateway address for each network needing access to the external network. An L3 network is configured for each Isilon, VM_Network_A, and VM_Network_B network in OMNI.
- From the vCenter Menu tab, click OpenManage Network Integration.
- Select the Service Instance device in the left pane.
Figure 122. OMNI Summary page
- Click the Network tab.
Figure 123. OMNI Network page
- Under Networks, expand VxLAN Networks.
Figure 124. OMNI VxLAN networks
- Click CREATE to create an L3 network for the Isilon traffic. Select Layer 3 as Virtual Network Type, Virtual Network Name, then VxLAN VNI and VLT VLAN Id set to 1801. Add IP address for each leaf switch (172.18.1.252 and 172.18.1.253), Prefix, and Gateway IP Address. Leave DHCP Helper Address blank. Click CREATE.
Figure 125. Create Isilon virtual network
- Click CREATE.
- Select the newly created IsilonVN button in the IsilonVN Details panel. Click CREATE.
Figure 126. Isilon virtual network configuration
- Enter the VxLAN Network ID, Network Name, Vlan 1801, Virtiual Network, and Description. Click CREATE.
Figure 127. OMNI VxLAN network
- Repeat steps 4–8 to create L3 networks VM_Network_A (VNI 1814), VM_Network_B (VNI 1815), and any other networks needed to reach external networks.
- Create an L2 network for vMotion and any other L2 networks needed. Under Networks > VXLAN Networks. Click CREATE.
Figure 128. OMNI VxLAN networks
- Select Layer 2 as the Virtual Network Type, Virtual Network Name as vMotionVN, and VxLAN VNI as 1812. VLT VLAN Id is also 1812. Click CREATE.
Figure 129. vMotion L2 virtual network
- Select the newly created vMotionVN button in the vMotionVN Details panel. Click CREATE.
Figure 130. OMNI VxLAN networks
- Enter Network ID as vMotion, Network Name as vMotion_Network, Vlan as 1812, Virtual Network as vMotionVN, and Description. Click CREATE.
Figure 131. vMotion network
- Verify that all virtual networks are created. All networks needing external access should be L3 virtual networks.
Figure 132. Final L3 virtual networks