To connect to the OMNI plug-in, follow these steps:
- Log out and log back in to vCenter as email@example.com.
- A plug-in notification appears at the top of the screen. Click the REFRESH BROWSER button that appears in the notification.
- Select Menu > OpenManage Network Integration.
Figure 76. vCenter OpenManage Network Integration
- The OMNI page opens. On the Home page, in the Service Instance panel, click CREATE.
- Enter the OOB IP address for Leaf 1A as the Service Instance and Leaf1A as the Service Instance Name.
- Enter a User Name and Password. The default password is admin. Click ADD.
Figure 77. OMNI service instance
- A success message is displayed.
Figure 78. OMNI update success message
Note: Only one Service Instance is needed. OMNI automatically uses either SmartFabric’s Master or Backup unit.
- Click the Service Instance device in the left pane.
Figure 79. OMNI SmartFabric password change
- From OMNI’s Summary tab and Fabric Actions form, update OMNI’s SmartFabric password.
Click the Topology tab to view the current topology.
Figure 80. OMNI topology with two leafs and uplinks
Note: From this point, all network configurations should be applied only from OMNI and not SFS. Any SFS configuration could be deleted by OMNI.