To connect to the OMNI plugin, follow these steps:
- Log out and log back in to vCenter as email@example.com.
- A plugin notification appears at the top of the screen. Click the REFRESH BROWSER button that appears in the notification.
- Select Menu > OpenManage Network Integration.
Figure 75. vCenter OpenManage Network Integration
- The OMNI page opens. On the Home page, click the Service Instance and select the fde1:53ba:e9a0:cccc:0:5eff:fe00:1100 Service Instance and click EDIT.
Figure 76. OMNI home page
- Enter Password=admin and click SUBMIT. The password is the same as used to log in to the switch.
Figure 77. OMNI fabric login
- A success message is displayed.
Figure 78. OMNI update success message
- Select the Service Instance device in the left pane.
Figure 79. OMNI Fabric summary page
- From OMNI’s Summary tab and Fabric Actions form, update OMNI’s SmartFabric password.
Figure 80. SmartFabric password change
- Click Topology tab to view the current topology.
Figure 81. OMNI topology with two leafs and uplinks
Note: From this point, all network configurations should be applied only from OMNI and not SFS. Any SFS configuration could get deleted by OMNI.