This section covers the creation of a folder structure that is configured under OneFS Protocols > Windows Sharing (SMB). Once the folders are added to the Windows Sharing (SMB) section and the network is properly configured, the folder is accessible through a Windows server.
- From the OneFS GUI, select File System > File System Explorer.
- Click Create Directory.
- Define the directory name as SMB, as well as the user, group, and permission settings as shown:
Figure 107. OneFS directory creation
- Click Create Directory. Once the folder has been created, click the SMB folder.
- Once again, create a directory and assign the name Engineering, user, group, and permissions settings.
- When both folders have been created, navigate to Protocols > Windows Sharing (SMB).
- Click Create an SMB Share.
- Assign the name Engineering and use the Browse button to navigate to the Engineering folder that was created previously.
- Select the Members window and assign access permissions.
- All other selections are left at the default values.
- Click Create Share.
- Repeat steps 4–11 for another SMB Share called Accounting.