Note: Before proceeding, determine an IP address and hostname for the OMNI VM and configure DNS. In this example, it is omni.dell.local, 172.18.11.90
This section shows the settings used for this deployment.
In the vSphere Client, after the OMNI deployment is complete, power on the OMNI VM.
Note: The vCenter summary page for the VM may indicate a newer version of VMware Tools is available – do not install.
- Power on the OMNI VM.
- Launch the OMNI VM web console.
- Log in as admin/admin. On the first login, change the admin password when prompted.
- At the menu, select 0. Full setup.
Figure 67. OMNI setup menu
- Select Edit a connection.
Figure 68. OMNI connections
Note: In the TUI, use the Tab and Arrow keys to navigate and the Enter key to select.
- Select Wired connection 1. This should be ens160. Populate with the following:
Table 8. Wired connection 1
vCenter Server Network
In L2 example – 172.18.11.80
In L3 example – 172.17.11.80
Note: The Primary DNS for L2 uplinks is 172.18.11.80. The Primary DNS for L3 uplinks is 172.17.11.80. Enter one or the other, but not both.
- Select OK.
- Edit a connection > Wired connection 2.
- Verify Device MAC (ens192) is selected. This is known as the Internal Management Network.
- Set IPv4 to Manual.
- Select IPv4 Configuration Show.
- Assign a unique OOB IP address for OMNI, 100.67.170.101/24.
- Set IPv6 to Ignore.
- Select Routing > Edit > Add > Dest/Prefix: 100.67.0.0/16. Set Next Hop to OOB network gateway 100.67.170.254 and leave Metric set at 0. Select OK.
Figure 69. OMNI Internal Management Network parameters
- Select Activate connection and select OK.
Figure 70. OMNI connection activation
- Select vCenter Server Network and toggle Deactivate to Activate.
Figure 71. OMNI vCenter network activation
- Select Internal Management Network and toggle Deactivate to Activate.
Figure 72. OMNI internal management network activation
- There should be an asterisk (*) preceding each network. Select Back (you can now ping omni.dell.local from management network).
- Select Set system hostname and click Enter.
Figure 73. Set OMNI hostname
- Enter Hostname (omni.dell.local) and click OK.
Figure 74. OMNI hostname
- Select Quit and [Enter] to continue.
- Enter NTP Server IP/Hostname.
- When asked if you want to Install SSL certificates from remote server [y]?, enter n.
Note: Certificate imports are outside the scope of this guide. Certificates can be imported later by selecting 5. Password/SSL configuration menu from the OMNI Menu. Follow the instructions provided in SmartFabric Services for OpenManage Network Integration User Guide, Release 1.2. The guide is available on the Dell EMC OpenManage Network Integration for VMware vCenter website.
- Press [Enter] to return to main menu.
- On the main menu, enter 4. Register/Update OMNI vSphere client. When prompted enter the following:
Table 9. Register OMNI with vCenter
OMNI IP/FQDN to use for registration
vCenter server FQDN
vCenter server username
vCenter server password
Figure 75. OMNI registration
- Press Enter to continue - returns to the OMNI main menu.
- From the main OMNI menu, select 9. Logout.
- From the vCenter Recent Tasks panel, wait for the OS10 SmartFabric update task to complete.