This section provides a detailed description of each of the components in this Ready Solution:
Figure 3. Edge node components
An edge node which consists of a single PowerEdge server with the following hardware and software components installed:
- Linux operating system—Ubuntu Server LTS is the preferred Linux distribution deployed on the VM server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 or later is also supported
- Docker container runtime—This Ready Solution uses container technology for ease of packaging and deployment.
- NVIDIA components—This solution uses the following NVIDIA components (see NVIDIA Tesla GPU and software components):
- T4 GPU for video decoding and inference.
- CUDA driver and toolkit for interfacing with the GPU.
- DeepStream SDK, which is an analytics toolkit for AI-based video processing and analysis. The toolkit includes TensorRT SDK for high-performance deep learning inference.
- Malong RetailAI Protect—The AI model from Malong, which is deployed as a Docker container. This container includes DeepStream SDK and the CUDA toolkit.
Malong RetailAI Protect can also be installed in a VM. VMware ESXi server is installed on the PowerEdge server. Customers can install other applications as virtual machines to increase the server resource utilization.
- Self-checkout terminals
- Microsoft Azure IoT Hub