Minimum requirements for VxRail 7.0.2 deployments with SFS include:
- Three VxRail nodes per cluster running VxRail appliance software version 7.0.202 or a later version as specified in the Dell EMC Networking Solutions Support Matrix.
- VxRail nodes must meet the hardware and software requirements listed in the VxRail 7.0.x Support Matrix.
- On-board NICs in VxRail nodes must be 10 GbE or 25 GbE.
- Two Dell EMC PowerSwitch units as listed in the Dell EMC Networking Solutions Support Matrix must be deployed as leaf switches. Each leaf switch in the pair must be the same model due to VLT requirements.
- Dell EMC PowerSwitch units must be running SmartFabric OS10.5.2.7 or a later version as specified in the Dell EMC Networking Solutions Support Matrix.
- One 1 GbE BASE-T, also referred to as 1000BASE-T, switch for OOB management connections. Dell Technologies recommends using one PowerSwitch N3248TE-ON per rack.
- One DNS server can be an existing DNS server that is reachable on the network with host records added for this deployment. The example DNS host records used in this guide are shown in Table 6 and Table 7.