OMNI may be deployed to a VxRail or ESXi host. In this example, OMNI is deployed to a VxRail host in the first VxRail cluster. See the OpenManage Network Integration for SmartFabric Services User Guide, Release 2.1 for OMNI deployment options.
The OMNI VM is available for download from the Dell EMC OpenManage Network Integration for VMware vCenter website. Download
OMNI-version#.zip and extract the
OMNI-version#.ova file to a location accessible from the vSphere client.
- To deploy the OMNI VM, launch the vSphere Client and go to Hosts and Clusters.
- Right-click the destination VxRail cluster and select Deploy OVF Template.
- On the Select an OVF template page, point to the location of the OMNI .ova file and click NEXT.
- Enter a Virtual machine name and select a location for the OMNI VM. The default location is used in this example, as shown in the following figure.
- Click NEXT .
- On the Select a compute resource page, select a VxRail cluster. Ensure Compatibility checks succeeded displays at the bottom of the page.
- Click NEXT. After the validation is complete, the Review details page displays.
- Acknowledge the certificate warnings and click NEXT.
- On the License agreements page, review the terms provided. If you agree, check the I accept all license agreements box and click NEXT.
- On the Select storage page, select the VxRail vSAN datastore. Ensure that the Compatibility checks succeeded message displays at the bottom of the page.
- Click NEXT.
- On the Select networks page, change the two destination networks to match the two source networks, as shown in the figure below.
- Click NEXT.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the settings.
- Click FINISH to deploy the OMNI VM.