Traffic on the External Management network, VLAN 1811, must be able to reach the external network. To accomplish this with L3 uplinks, an IP address is assigned to virtual network 1811 on each leaf switch in the SmartFabric.
IP addresses are configured for the new leafs added to the SmartFabric, Leaf2A, and Leaf2B. The examples used in this guide are shown in the table below.
|Item||IP address or prefix||Status|
|Leaf1A IP address||172.18.11.253/24||Previously configured|
|Leaf1B IP address||172.18.11.252/24||Previously configured|
|Leaf2A IP address||172.18.11.251/24||To be configured|
|Leaf2B IP address||172.18.11.250/24||To be configured|
|Gateway IP address||172.18.11.254/24||Previously configured|
This is done as follows:
- At a workstation, launch the SFS UI.
- On the SFS UI Home page, select 3. Update Network Configuration. The window opens, as shown in the following figure.
- Next to Networks, select the External Management network, Management Network 1811, from the drop-down list.Note: When Management Network 1811, is selected, additional fields appear, as shown in the figure below.
- Next to Interface IP Addresses, two IP addresses configured earlier are listed for the existing leaf switches, Leaf1A and Leaf1B. Use the blue Add button to add an IP address for each leaf switch added to the SmartFabric. The additional addresses are for Leaf2A and Leaf2B as shown in the table above.
- Leave the Prefix Length and Gateway IP Address at the settings previously configured.
- When complete, the Update Network Configuration window appears, as shown in the following figure.
- Click OK to apply the settings.