Thanks to new tools and technologies, developing conversational AI applications is easier than ever, enabling a large variety of use cases for Conversational AI that span a wide range of industries.
Use cases based on corporate or organizational functions that exist in any industry might include the following:
- Finance, including tasks such as vendor onboarding, payroll processing, and procurement
- Human resources, including functions such as organizational policies or FAQs, leave management, or visas and permits
- IT services, including asset management, outage alerts, and hardware or software request fulfillment
- Sales and marketing, including forecast reporting, lead nurturing, upselling, and cross-selling
Use cases based on industries or vertical markets might include the following:
- Banking, with facilitation of tasks such as opening an account, checking balances, and transferring money, scheduling an appointment, reporting a lost or stolen bank card, or processing trades
- Healthcare, including the ability to schedule or change appointments, determine what type of appointment is needed, obtain a medication list, or contact a care team
- Insurance, including updating an address, adding a driver, reporting an accident, making a payment, or getting a quote
- Manufacturing, including monitoring machine maintenance alerts, fetching equipment information, and maintaining safety checks
- Media and entertainment, including providing 24x7 user assistance, enhancing customer engagement, and building better outreach
- Retail, including requesting a return or exchange, placing, modifying, or canceling an order, checking on order status, or finding a store
- Telecom, including making a payment, adding or changing a plan, resolving connectivity issues, or activating a new device
- Travel, including a virtual help desk, managing a loyalty program, or providing booking assistance
Together with Kore.ai, we have built out and validated a Conversational AI solution along with two selected use cases to show a few examples of how to use the platform. To help implementors get started, in addition to the Kore.ai Experience Optimization (XO) Platform, Kore.ai provides several optional pretrained and configured virtual assistants that address many of the preceding use cases. The first use case is a conversational travel assistant that can help users retrieve travel-related information using a text-based, chatbot-style interface. The second use case is an online retail store interactive eCommerce platform that can be used through a web or mobile client, or by using a voice interface. For more details, see Use case validation for Kore.ai.