In our solution testing, the VxBlock System 1000 delivered more than 116,000 IOPS with a response time under one millisecond. Both SQL Server and Oracle databases showed no significant performance impact from multiple workloads running in parallel.
Deploying databases on VxBlock 1000 provides multiple benefits:
- Customers can consolidate and simplify the administration of life-cycle activities for database workloads on VxBlock 1000. This system caters to multiple, largely distinct infrastructures for development, testing, production, and analytics.
- VxBlock 1000 is designed to provide high scale database performance using a fault-tolerant architecture. It facilitates improved resource utilization and automation by using tightly integrated VxBlock Central software’s automated workflows in combination with VMware vRealize Orchestrator. VxBlock Central with VxBlock 1000 provides integrated service monitoring, administration experience, and service delivery automation.
- Snapshots of VxBlock System 1000 data provide “live” test data, which can dramatically accelerate development cycles, bringing database maintenance and enhancement work closer to Agile-like methods.
- Integrated analytics are available through the VxBlock Central dashboard. VxBlock Central improves system visibility and reporting of application scalability requirements.
- VxBlock 1000 incorporates technology from Dell Technologies, Cisco, and VMware, supported by Dell Technologies help desk services and field support.