The solution is designed to run infrastructure and platform services consistent with what is available in Azure. With Azure Services available on-premises, customers can:
- Use the cloud computing model for Azure infrastructure as a service (IaaS) that goes beyond traditional virtualization. For example, virtual-machine scale sets enable rapid deployments with scaling options for modern workloads, such as containerized applications.
- Incorporate consistent Azure platform as a service (PaaS) that simplifies development and enables hybrid deployment choices and portability for cloud applications. Run high-productivity PaaS (Azure App Service) and serverless computing (Azure functions) in on-premises environments.
- Adopt common operational practices across Azure and Azure Stack Hub. Deploy and operate Azure IaaS and PaaS using the same administrative experiences and tools as Azure.
- Use an Azure Active Directory (AAD) subscription to administer Azure Stack Hub identities, including secure multitenant access (that is, enabling users across multiple AAD tenants to access Azure Stack Hub resources).
- Build for the future as Microsoft delivers continuous Azure innovation to Azure Stack Hub, including new Azure services, updates to existing services, and additional Azure Marketplace applications.