The following NSX external network requirements must be met before deploying the Mgmt WLD:
- A minimum of 1600 MTU for Geneve (Overlay) traffic is required, 9000 MTU is recommended.
- Host Overlay VLAN must be created on the physical switches.
- If TEP IP Pools are not used, DHCP is required to assign the Host TEPs IP.
- If DHCP is used for the Host TEPs, IP Helper is required on the switches if the DHCP server is in different L3 network.
If NSX Edges are going to be deployed according to VCF design for the VI WLD Edge cluster, the following additional requirements must be met before deployment:
- Layer 3 license for peering with T0 Edges
- BGP configured for each router peering with a T0 Edge
- Two Uplink VLANs for T0 Edge external connectivity to physical network
- Edge Overlay VLAN created on the physical switches