The following NSX external network requirements must be met before deployment of the Mgmt WLD:
- Minimum 1600 MTU for Geneve (Overlay) traffic, 9000 MTU is recommended.
- Host Overlay VLAN is created on the physical switches.
- Host Overlay VLAN added to the trunk ports connecting to the VxRail nodes.
- If TEP IP Pools are not used, DHCP is required to assign the Host TEPs IP.
- If DHCP is used for the Host TEPs, IP Helper is required on the switches if the DHCP server is in a different L3 network.
For the Application Virtual Network (AVN) using an NSX overlay, the following additional requirements must be met before the deployment:
- Layer 3 license for peering with T0 Edges
- BGP configured for each router peering with a T0 Edge
- Two uplink VLANs for T0 Edge external connectivity to physical network
- Edge Overlay VLAN created on the physical switches
- Uplink and Overlay VLANs added to the trunk ports connecting to VxRail nodes