Cloud Builder is used to deploy the NSX components in the Mgmt WLD VxRail. The deployment process consists of the following general steps:
- Deploy NSX Managers in Mgmt WLD VxRail cluster.
- Create anti-affinity rules for the NSX Managers.
- Set VIP for NSX Managers.
- Add Mgmt WLD vCenter as a compute manager.
- Assign NSX license.
- Create overlay transport zone.
- Create a VLAN transport zone.
- Create a host uplink profile.
- Create transport node profile.
- Prepare the hosts in the VxRail cluster for NSX.
Starting with VCF 4.3, the deployment of AVN is a Day-2 activity performed from the SDDC Manager. The following tasks are also performed to deploy and configure the necessary components to provide the connectivity and routing for the NSX overlay backed networks for AVN:
- Create Edge Uplink Profile.
- Create Named Teaming Policy for Uplink traffic.
- Create Trunked Uplink Port Groups on the vDS.
- Deploy two Edge VMs.
- Create anti-affinity rules.
- Create Edge cluster.
- Create Uplinks for T0.
- Configure T0 and BGP.
- Configure T1.
- Verify BGP Peering with TORs.
- Create AVN Segments (Region A and xRegion).
Once the Mgmt WLD has been deployed, it should contain the components that are shown in the following figure. The Edges are only deployed as a Day-2 activity from the SDDC Manager.
Figure 32. Mgmt WLD after deployment