The following NSX-T external network requirements must be met before deploying the Mgmt WLD:
- Minimum 1600 MTU for Geneve (Overlay) traffic is required, 9000 MTU is recommended.
- Host Overlay VLAN must be created on the physical switches.
- If TEP IP Pools are not used, DHCP is required to assign the Host TEPs IP.
- If DHCP is used for the Host TEPs, IP Helper is required on the switches if the DHCP server is in different L3 network.
If NSX-T Edges are going to be deployed according to VCF design for the VI WLD Edge cluster, the following additional requirements must be met before deployment:
- Layer 3 license for peering with T0 Edges
- BGP configured for each router peering with a T0 Edge
- Two Uplink VLANs for T0 Edge external connectivity to physical network
- Edge Overlay VLAN created on the physical switches