Cloud builder is used to deploy the NSX-T components in the Mgmt WLD VxRail. The following list highlights the major steps that are performed during the deployment process:
- Deploy NSX-T Managers in Mgmt WLD VxRail cluster.
- Create anti-affinity rules for the NSX-T Managers.
- Set VIP for NSX-T Managers.
- Add Mgmt WLD vCenter as a compute manager.
- Assign NSX-T license.
- Create overlay transport zone.
- Create a VLAN transport zone.
- Create a host uplink profile.
- Create transport node profile.
- Prepare the hosts in the VxRail cluster for NSX-T.
Starting with VCF 4.3, the deployment of AVN is a Day-2 activity performed from the SDDC Manager. The following tasks are also performed to deploy and configure the necessary components to provide the connectivity and routing for the NSX-T overlay backed networks for AVN.
- Create Edge Uplink Profile.
- Create Named Teaming Policy for Uplink traffic.
- Create Trunked Uplink Port Groups on the vDS.
- Deploy two Edge VMs.
- Create anti-affinity rules.
- Create Edge cluster.
- Create Uplinks for T0.
- Configure T0 and BGP.
- Configure T1.
- Verify BGP Peering with TORs.
- Create AVN Segments (Region A and xRegion).
Once the Mgmt WLD has been deployed, it should contain the components that are shown in the following figure. The edges are only deployed as a Day-2 activity from the SDDC Manager.
Figure 34. Mgmt WLD after deployment