The following NSX-T external network requirements must be met before deploying the Mgmt WLD:
- Minimum 1600 MTU for Geneve (Overlay) traffic, 9000 MTU is recommended.
- Host Overlay VLAN is created on the physical switches.
- Host Overlay VLAN added to the trunk ports connecting to the VxRail nodes.
- If TEP IP Pools are not used, DHCP is required to assign the Host TEPs IP.
- If DHCP is used for the Host TEPs, IP Helper is required on the switches if the DHCP server is in different L3 network.
For the Application Virtual Network (AVN) using an NSX-T overlay, the following additional requirements must be met before deployment:
- Layer 3 license requirement for peering with T0 Edges.
- BGP is configured for each router peering with a T0 Edge.
- Two Uplink VLANs for T0 Edge external connectivity to physical network.
- Edge Overlay VLAN is created on the physical switches.
- Uplink and Overlay VLANs added to the trunk ports connecting to VxRail nodes.