If you choose to have the IP addresses for the NSX-T host uplinks assigned by CloudBuilder during Cloud Foundation on VxRail deployment, capture and record the following settings:
- A name for this static IP address pool to provide to Cloud Builder
- The IP address range to reserve for the NSX-T host uplinks in CIDR format. The range should be at least double the number of VxRail nodes planned for initial deployment.
- The starting and ending IP addresses for Cloud Builder to assign to the NSX-T host uplinks
- The gateway for the reserved IP address range
If you choose to have the IP addresses assigned dynamically during initial deployment, capture and record the following DHCP settings to support the VTEP tunnel endpoints:
- The IP address of the DHCP server that will supply two IP addresses to each VxRail node for enable connectivity to the host overlay network
- The pool of IP addresses that were configured in the DHCP server for assignment to each VxRail node. Each node requires two IP addresses.