The following NSX-T external network requirements must be met before deploying the Mgmt WLD:
- Minimum 1600 MTU for Geneve (Overlay) traffic, 9000 MTU is recommended.
- Host Overlay VLAN is created on the physical switches.
- Host Overlay VLAN added to the trunk ports connecting to the VxRail nodes.
- DHCP is configured for each VLAN to assign the Host TEPs IP.
- IP Helper on the switches if the DHCP server is in different L3 network.
If Application Virtual Network (AVN) is enabled, the following additional requirements must be met before deployment:
- Layer 3 license requirement for peering with T0 Edges.
- BGP is configured for each router peering with a T0 Edge.
- Two Uplink VLANs for T0 Edge external connectivity to physical network.
- Edge Overlay VLAN is created on the physical switches.
- Uplink and Overlay VLANs added to the trunk ports connecting to VxRail nodes.