Cloud builder is used to deploy the NSX-T components in the Mgmt WLD VxRail. The following list highlights the major steps that are performed during the deployment process:
- Deploy NSX-T Managers in Mgmt WLD cluster.
- Create anti-affinity rules for the NSX-T Managers.
- Set VIP for NSX-T Managers.
- Add Mgmt WLD vCenter as a compute manager.
- Assign NSX-T license.
- Create overlay transport zone.
- Create a VLAN transport zone.
- Create a host uplink profile.
- Create transport node profile.
- Prepare the hosts in the cluster for NSX-T.
If AVN is enabled, the following tasks are also performed to deploy and configure the necessary components to provide the connectivity and routing for the NSX-T Overlay backed networks.
- Create Edge Uplink Profile.
- Create Named Teaming Policy for Uplink traffic.
- Create Trunked Uplink Port Groups on the vDS.
- Deploy two Edge VMs.
- Create anti-affinity rules.
- Create Edge cluster.
- Create AVN Segments (Region A and xRegion).
- Create Uplinks for T0.
- Configure T0 and BGP.
- Configure T1.
- Verify BGP Peering with TORs.
Once the Mgmt WLD has been deployed, it should contain the components that are shown in Figure 29. The edges will only be deployed if AVN option is enabled in the Cloud Builder input spreadsheet.
Figure 29. Mgmt WLD after deployment