Ensure that you apply the following best practices for the Microsoft SQL Server Containers:
- Store the database into four or more datafiles and store it on separate database volumes.
- Store the database transaction logs on a separate volume to use PowerFlex capacity and power.
- Move the TempDB files from its default location to its own PowerFlex volume to use the PowerFlex Capacity and power.
- Create multiple TempDB datafiles after the installation to avoid page contention.
In addition to the preceding recommended practices, perform the following best practices from HammerDB to run the TPC-C benchmark:
- Configure the maximum degree of parallelism to 1.
- Configure the maximum worker threads to 3000.
- Keep the initial datafile size sufficiently large to ensure that files are not continuously growing at the expense of performance.
- Configure the auto growth settings correctly so as the file grows sufficiently without any performance impact.
For more information about HammerDB best practices, see the HammerDB documentation.