This use case describes the extension of PVC volumes with PowerFlex CSI:
- In the lab environment, a MySQL pod with a PVC volume of 8 GB is created.
- PVC is extended with the kubectl patch pvc command.
- The activity is monitored from the view volume section of the PowerFlex UI, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 23. PowerFlex PVC volume
- The kubectl get pvc command provides the status of the claim and the kubectl patch pvc command extends the claim, as shown in the following example:
Figure 24. PVC claim extended
- Verify the PVC expansion on the PowerFlex Storage UI, as shown in the following figure: