Install the docker containers on the administrative machine by following the procedure described in this link: https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/ubuntu/
Install Amazon EKS Anywhere
Install the Amazon EKS Anywhere bundle on the administrative machine by following the procedure in the following link:
To install and set up the Tinkerbell stack, you will need to have the administrative machine and the bare metal servers on the same network:
1. Extract the given Tinkerbell stack tar: tar -xzvf tinkerbell-stack.tar.gz
2. Run the following change directory command to change into the extracted bundle: cd tinkerbell-stack
3. Set the TINKERBELL_HOST_IP environment variable. This is usually the IP of the machine on which Tinkerbell infrastructure runs.
export TINKERBELL_HOST_IP= XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Run docker-compose up
docker-compose up -d
- The Tinkerbell IP address is required and identifies the Tinkerbell service. This IP address must be on the same network as the physical hosts that are being used to provide both the control plane and worker nodes and must be a unique IP in the network range that does not conflict with other IPs. This allows the Tinkerbell services to move from the admin machine and run on the target server. This IP address makes it possible for the stack to be used for future provisioning needs.
- The setup commands that are described in this document are from the beta version of Amazon EKS-A. Some of the setup commands have changed in the GA version. The new commands are incorporated in the document; however, you may still see screenshots referring to old commands. Hence, it is recommended to check the latest documentation.