Dell Integrated System for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI is an all-in-one, validated infrastructure for hybrid cloud computing that has native integration with Azure. In addition to bringing flexibility and robustness to DR plans with stretch clustering, the appliance provides the following benefits:
- Increased operational efficiency with full-stack life cycle management. You can automate and orchestrate operating system, BIOS, firmware, and driver updates by using a simple wizard-driven workflow—with no impact to services running in VMs and containers. Dell OpenManage Integration with Microsoft Windows Admin Center provides system updates within the workflow.
- Systems management through Azure management and governance services. You can apply governance constructs such as role-based access control (RBAC) and security policies by using Azure Arc to extend Azure Resource Manager to on-premises resources outside of Azure.
- Native integration with other Azure services such as Azure Monitor, Azure Site Recovery, and Azure Security Center.
- An on-premises cloud consumption operational experience with Azure subscription-based licensing and Dell Technologies pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Minimized risk with a vendor that has recognized experience in engineering integrated systems:
- Live Optics, a host-based performance collector, is used to analyze the performance and capacity characteristics of current running workloads.
- Workload performance and capacity characteristics help inform configuration selections in tools such as the Azure Stack HCI Sizer Tool. Using sizer tools helps to ensure that configurations fit within the constraints developed through engineering validations. These configurations are deliberately designed and optimized to meet the requirements of nearly any workload and use case.
- Specially trained experts who understand every aspect of the integrated system provide support and services. Support and services go beyond the hardware to Hyper-V, Storage Spaces Direct, virtual networking, and management tools such as Windows Admin Center. Dell ProDeploy Services sets up the system. Then, Dell Technologies and Microsoft work collaboratively in the background to minimize mean time to resolution of any support cases.