Organizations continue to cite a growing shortage of IT orchestration and automation skills. PowerOne infrastructure brings new levels of automation to the private cloud so that your IT staff can optimize their work without reskilling.
When modernizing the data center for SAP landscapes, most IT professionals agree that the biggest drain on resources is the rollout, management, and expansion of servers, storage, and networking. Further, a major IT activity is provisioning the infrastructure for SAP HANA databases that span many different SAP landscapes.
With the PowerOne controller and CRGs, IT staff can use public cloud-like capabilities to:
- Automate provisioning for the physical infrastructure. After the CRG is provisioned, the orchestration engine installs the vSphere hypervisor so that virtual machines can quickly be created to host the applications.
- Dedicate infrastructure resources (CPU, memory, storage, networking) from other CRGs to prevent applications from affecting one another. SAP HANA in a dedicated CRG is operationally separated from other applications in other CRGs.
As a result, IT benefits from:
- Consistent performance—A dedicated physical infrastructure gives the SAP team full control of the cluster resources.
- Greater management efficiencies—Using CRGs means that SAP HANA has a dedicated infrastructure environment that is not shared with non-SAP HANA applications. This operational separation can improve management efficiencies and enable the SAP team to customize the infrastructure solely for SAP HANA.
- Enhanced application team ownership—The cluster becomes the cornerstone around which teams collaborate and operate. A dedicated cluster is a pool of resources that the application team controls—an SAP team in this case. The capability to own a dedicated infrastructure environment gives more flexibility than a single virtual machine. Thus, from an operational standpoint, the team has greater ownership, which can lead to improved operations.
The public cloud abstracts and automates compute, networking, and storage. With the integrated intelligence and automation of PowerOne infrastructure, autonomous operations become an integral part of your private cloud.
To learn more about how you can accelerate SAP HANA adoption of the private cloud with PowerOne autonomous infrastructure, ask your Dell Technologies Account Representative to engage an SAP expert.