When installing and configuring a production-ready CI, keep these considerations in mind:
- Distributing system and virtualization software
- Allocating cluster services and data storage to physical nodes and arrays
- Selecting appropriate server hardware
- Determining size and scalability
- Understanding the types of workloads that run on the cluster
- Managing a system that is designed for multiple general-purpose, virtualized workloads
- Keeping up with the fast-moving pace of the industry
Dell Technologies recommends that the data center hosting the 3-Tier Platform includes the following infrastructure elements:
- Sufficient power and cooling to support the 3-Tier Platform.
- Panduit power distribution units (PDUs) and cabinets for optimal results. For more information, see Panduit PDUs.