We used the PowerStore snapshot design principles described in the preceding section to take a snapshot of the PROD database:
- Log in to the PowerStore Manager and
Select select Storage Volumes.
- Select the MySQL_PROD_DATA-001 volume.
- Go to More Actions.
- Click Create Thin Clone Using Volume as shown in the following figure.
Figure 1. Creating a thin clone
- Give the cloned volume a name and optionally select a performance policy (high, medium, or low) based on DEV/TEST usage
- Click Clone.
Figure 2. Select performance policy and click Clone
- Consider these differences when selecting a Performance Policy:
- High—Will impact the production performance.
- Medium—Less impact on production performance compared to High policy.
- Low—Less impact compared to Medium policy and much less impact compared to High policy.
- Repeat Steps 1-6 for the remaining volumes for DEV/TEST VM.