The objective of the test is to provide an overview of active availability for PTC applications without using the PTC application cluster. The test demonstrates how PTC applications can run uninterrupted while PTC application VMs are migrated on-demand or under load-balancing policies.
- Deploy PTC ThingWorx and Kepware Server on VMs on a three-node VxRail cluster. Configure external persistence DB on separate PostgreSQL RedHat Linux VM. See Set up Kepware Server and Set up ThingWorx for setup details.
- Set up Kepware and ThingWorx connectivity and monitor data ingest from Kepware to ThingWorx.
- Migrate the ThingWorx Server VM to another ESXi node. See VM live migration for migration workflow. For details about other ways to define policies for VMs, see the VxRail documentation listed in References.
- Migrate a Kepware Server VM to another ESXi node.
- Observe the continuous data ingest during these VM migrations.